The Cuming Museum is the home of the worldwide collection of the Cuming Family and the museum of Southwark's history. It houses a diverse collection that includes archaeology, ethnography, social history and natural history. A mix of permanent and changing exhibitions tells the story of the Cuming family and the history of Southwark, from Roman times to the diverse communities of today.
Opened to the public in 1906, the Cuming Museum is the result of over 100 years of collecting by father and son, Richard and Henry Cuming.
The three galleries at the Cuming Museum contain a variety of hands on activities for younger visitors, including craft activities, trails, games and costumes to try on.
OBJECT OF THE MONTH
Each month the Museum feature a special object chosen by a fan of the Cuming Museum's amazing collection. Click here to see this months choice.